How to Get a Good Job After 50: A step-by-step guide to job search success
(as of Jul 31,2021 08:03:15 UTC – Details)
These days, more and more people are looking to stay in the workforce longer and are seeking satisfying, fulfilling jobs. How to Get a Good Job After 50 is a step-by-step guide to finding and winning the sort of job older employees want to have!
In clear, practical chapters, job search expert Rupert French shows you how to adopt a pro-active, ‘self-employed’ approach that builds self-esteem and promotes a time-efficient, self-managed job search program.
Learn how to:
- concentrate on no more than two or three job leads at any one time
- use proven marketing techniques to win good jobs
- write résumés that grab the employer’s interest in the first few sentences
- find jobs before they are advertised
- build an effective job search network
- use social media to support your job search
- maintain a positive self-image
- effectively prepare for a job interview.
Older workers are vital to the workplace; they have skills, reliability and a sense of responsibility that can only be gained through experience. How to Get a Good Job After 50 explains how to demonstrate these qualities to prospective employers, turning your age into an advantage. Covering all aspects of the job search, this is the essential guide to taking control of your career with expertise and confidence. Follow French’s tried and tested recipe for success to find an inspiring, fulfilling job in record time!